From a wide variety of sources we have gathered what is believed to be a fairly comprehensive understanding of the development and role St Thomas’ has came to mean in the local area. Although the current Church was opened in 1957, St Thomas’ has maintained a strong presence in the community long before this point. Documented history dates back to the 1920’s when the Mission of St Thomas the Apostle opened.
Below is a more in depth documentation of the history of the parish of St Thomas the Apostle. The main body of the work must be accredited to Mr Patrick Marrinan, who’s comprehensive detailing of this parish allows great insight into the growth of this area.